FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Delta 15% transfer bonus is back thru 8/15
Old Feb 21, 2004, 3:47 pm
MilesMonster

Programs: AA-Plt, UA-1P, PC Plt, National ECEE
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by MilesMonster:
I made a transfer on July 29 that posted within two days. The bonus miles have yet to post.

I have called Delta twice, and both times I'm told they take up to 8 weeks from the end of the promo period and to keep waiting. Now it's almost 10 weeks, and other people have had their miles post months ago. The kicker is that I need the measly 300 bonus miles to redeem my last award ticket on DL for the foreseeable future.

[This message has been edited by MilesMonster (edited 10-28-2003).]
</font>
I called DL again about the missing bonus miles, and after being put on hold for a lengthy period of time, the rep told me that I had to have been targetted for the bonus miles. I told her that I signed up online before making the transfer, but she said that didn't matter because my SkyMiles account wasn't targetted. Why would DL put the 15% bonus on the SkyMiles web site if it was only a targetted offer?

Within a few weeks, I got an offer from DL to transfer MORE amex points to SkyMiles. Grrrr.

Does anyone know if the bonus miles were really targetted?