FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Post you DELAYS details here !!
View Single Post
Old Dec 28, 2009, 7:40 am
ssconfiguration

Programs: Nexus, Global Entry
My experience at YVR, Dec 28th AM

I'm scheduled to fly YVR-SEA-SFO on Jazz and UA. Got to the airport at 5:15 AM (2.5 hours early). Check-in lines looked somewhat long but nothing that I haven't seen before on heavy travel days. I asked the AC agent at the Exec-class checkin line whether I could get on the direct YVR-SFO and she said no, all flights full. I asked about delays and she said they were "very bad".

Security was an experience. No Nexus line. Insane procedures. However, I have to say that the CATSA/YVR people handled it well. I counted 8 belts leading up to the machines. Even though things were slow, the agents were careful to monitor the lines so as to not back up pax in the longest lines. Took me about 40 mins to clear. Once through the metal detector I was patted down (around 80% pax seemed to be) and then my 1 carryon bag was scrutinized with all items being pulled out (about 50% pax). They made me turn on my laptop.

Stupid CATSA agent slammed my bag'd metal buckle into the laptop screen, at which point I sternly told him to be careful. Guess it's not a good idea to talk back to CATSA staff but he could tell that I was getting upset at his carelessness. However, overall the agents were efficient and extremely polite. Quite achange from my usual experiences with the goons at YVR.

Immigration lines were non-existent, though I used NEXUS anyway. All machines working. Sitting in the transborder MLL right now. Any FTers around?

I'm hoping that my YVR-SEA flight won't be delayed since it is such a small plane, they don't have many people to pat down. Hoping to make my connection in SEA.