FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Transit in TLV
Thread: Transit in TLV
View Single Post
Old Dec 27, 2009, 4:23 am
mamb0

Programs: Disgruntled HON**, Indifferent EK Gold, skeptical BA Silver
Originally Posted by Ari
It is now a white sticker with a large number (1-6) on it. It has been this way since some time in 2007. There is a space to write on it and there are 8 boxes, four with numbers, four with letters. They will circle some of them. The meaning of the 8 boxes should not be discussed for obvious reasons, but the 1 means the same thing every day of the year and isn't really a secret.

They used to use colors like pink, green, and others I can't remember instead of the numbers.
Yes, exactly. I am getting fours, had a five once (is still on my handluggage) and sometimes a three.

I do not know what ticks them when profiling me, but most of the time I have very short turn arounds (24hrs or even less) and I am always being asked to which jewish community I belong, if I speak any hebrew, then in the middle of the interview something I feel to be a trick question in hebrew to see my reaction.

When doing the transit, they were focussing their questions on why I am doing that transit, so I really do feel that they were esp. caring because of it.
On top the physical screening and inspection of me and my hand luggage was done before the interview.

BTW, I did not really feel a change in scrutiny when you have that endorsement letter from an israeli business partner.

I will be traveling first week of Jan again. At least they really are friendly and professional while doing it. Completely different experience to TSA or German sec goons.