FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Absurd hotel pet fees
View Single Post
Old Dec 20, 2009, 7:02 pm
tommy777

Originally Posted by tev9999
No different than an airline charging $25 for the second bag or $100 for a 52 pound bag vs. a 49 pound one. It is all about revenue and they charge what people are willing to pay. They are offering a premium service (allowing your pet) that many of the competitors won't allow, so they charge for it. Simple laws of economics, supply/demand, etc.
Thank you for that nugget of information

Pets are free at the majority of real city properties and pretty much always free with extensive services at high end properties and I'm pretty sure that the corporate offices of these various chains agrees that pet fees shouldn't be higher than the room rates in these little town locations.

No problem seeing that people want to make money, but newsflash: People don't want to pay these fees, we pay dog sitters or dog hotels to take care of the dogs because that's cheaper. The best dog hotel in Chicago charges 45 bucks, that's where our threshold is. If these idiot small town hotel GMs were smart business people, they would charge a nominal fee for dogs and then they would actually get customers like us when their competitors don't allow dogs. Guess what the occupancy is in these little towns on the weekends these days? Trust me, they need every dollar they can get.

I for one will never stay at any of these properties that charge absurd fees period, And will make sure everyone I know does the same