FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Corinthia Budapest
View Single Post
Old Dec 20, 2009, 1:17 pm
sdsearch
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It makes a difference which brand this is (which you didn't mention). Corinthian is the name. Per the WynhdamRewards website, it's a Wynhdam GrandCollection hotel. That's what matters to your question.

The confusing thing is that Wynham has two seperate programs.

WynhdamRewards is a program made up of mostly low-end motels (Super 8, Days Inn, Travelodge, etc) with some old midline hotels (Ramada, etc) thrown in and then Wyndham. As most of these motels/hotels don't have much to upgrade to, they've not put a priority on tiers. (This is a fairly new program, and it takes lower-end programs years typically to come up with tier programs. It took years for Choice Privileges, and it took years for Best Western Rewards. And this program is much newer than either of those.)

Then there is Wyndham ByRequest, which is a perks-not-points program that applies to Wyndham branded hotels only. I know little about that because I've never stayed in a Wyndham branded hotel. So I don't know whether they have tiers, but if so they would only apply at Wyndham branded hotels.

So unless Wynham ByRequest (rather than WyndhamRewards) has some sort of status match, I doubt there's anything you can do (except maybe sign up for Wynham ByRequest and get the perks anyone who signs up for that can get).

While it's true that hotel programs that cater to business travelers with collections that include many full-service hotels have status matches, the fact is that WynhamRewards hotel brand mix leans (at least in the US, where it's headquartered) toward low-end motels. And hotel programs with that mix (like Best Western, Choice Priviliges, and Carlson's GoldPoints) rarely status match, and even when they do their upgrade programs are very hit-and-miss. So you shouldn't expect the same from these "secondary" programs as from the "first tier" programs you're used to.

You seem to think the only benefit to being loyal is room upgrades. Not in the lower end hotels. In Choice, for example, the benefit to being loyal is extended access to award properties (which include luxury properties available for awards but not for earning). Some of us view that as a more useful loyalty perk in that family than upgrades would be, since the cheap hotels we earn our status in in the US suburbs have little to upgrade to!