FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Can DL do a better job resuming flights after WX cancellations?
Old Dec 20, 2009, 10:50 am
cerealmarketer

They got scared too quickly with the transcons for today.

I don't think Continental cancelled a single EWR-SFO today -- and most are arriving near schedule. There's decent availability for rebooks later in the week.

Delta on the other hand...

Nothing open for now until Wednesday/Thursday because of the preemptive cancellations. I'm surprised they didn't issue some new flight numbers for ferry flights. Looks like they just completely wrote the day off for the subfleet.

I was booked on the 4:55pm departure today. Got an email notice at 7pm last night saying it was still on time. Then checked on my own about an hour later to see it had since gone cancelled. The online rebook tool offered zero flights. Fortunately I was proactive in calling and got on a Tuesday flight in first that works.

However didn't recieve the 'your flight is cancelled' notification until 11am this morning. Maybe an issue with 012 NW ticket stock on Delta flights?

Either way, not impressed relative to how others are presently handling the same dealt hand.