FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Against the law to kill ladybugs in NC? Who knew...problem at HP South Stream CLT.
Old Dec 17, 2009, 3:00 am
sophiegirl

Programs: Marriott LT Plat, Hyatt Platinum
Originally Posted by m3m3m3
Here is a dumb question: Couldn't they have moved you to another room?

Or how about a butterfly net to catch them and release them outside?
1) we did not see them the night we arrived; as it was quite late; but - might not have mattered; we were 3rd in line in the AM complaining, and the hotel told all of us the problem was in multiple rooms.

2) we tend not to carry one in our luggage; as we found it was too rarely used

Originally Posted by jetsfan92588
a vacuum (like one with the tube) works well also
1) evidently that is what housekeeping does. how that is OK and calling an exterminator is not is beyond me...as I find it hard to believe all vacuums are carried outside by the staff and carefully emptied.

My biggest issue is that the staff knows about the problem in these rooms, and are using them anyway. (or perhaps it is happening in so many rooms, they no longer can know for certain which rooms are affected)

If killing them is illegal, I can surmise that Hyatt corporate DID advise them against an exterminator...but cannot think they would encourage them to still use the rooms!

And although we certainly did not enjoy the stay, nor how the staff handled the problem, I have to say that we do feel some degree of sympathy for the hotel - knowing you have a bug problem; being unable to correct it, and having to listen to complaints every morning for 2 months of the year cannot be enjoyable!