FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Consolidated "Upgrade Waiting List Priority Order" Thread [Merged]
Old Dec 15, 2009, 11:35 am
SFO_FT

Programs: UA 1k, AA EXPLT, NZ GE, VA PLT Hyatt Diam, Marr Plat, HH Diam
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
This is the prioritization at the gate (post DM) .... pre DM it is FIFO PA and PB approach, there is significant evidence of that. CSR has just pointing out how it would be at the Gate (and since many upgrades are not clearing until the gate, what will happen to many).
My friend emailed his buddy, who works for UA yield mgt, who confirmed that PA list is based on status, then fare paid. Again, I don't know if this represents a change from the past, but it does represent the current list management approach. I believe some res agents (and anecdotal data points) might indicate that time added makes a difference b/c it is indeed possible that a lower level elite gets an UPG before a high level elite does IF the low elite is on the list, then that pax's UPG clears, then a high level elite books a flight and gets added to the list. So, in that case, the time added does indeed make a difference.