FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Free Gogo Internet. Pass It On.
View Single Post
Old Dec 12, 2009, 9:24 pm
mooper

Programs: AA:LT Platinum DL:LT Gold UA:1P MAR:LT Titanium
Originally Posted by bwhite
IIRC DELTATRYGOGO isn't an "unlimited" use code, but for first time users - aka use once and like it enough to start paying. I am little surprised a shareholder would advocate abusing a marketing promo in this fashion. However since I am not a shareholder I shouldn't argue the point and am unclear why Gogo made it easy to abuse their promo. Next reply from the Gerbil's account?

PS - my dogs okay unless he doesn't get his pre-departure bone, then the whining begins...
Mooper's gerbil here. Kidding, I'm back on the ground using good ol' 3G. Wait - Gogo used 3G technology, too... sorry, I digress.

DELTATRYGOGO isn't promoted for unlimited use, but it is in fact - by means of it's design - exactly that. Given the aggressive promotion of the free use (today, reps were handing out cards with the code printed on it... perhaps in response to feedback that not enough people knew the WiFi existed or that it was free), I figure they didn't design it that way by accident. They knew very well that if they wanted to vastly reduce multiple uses (albeit not completely), they could have required a credit card for unique user identification only (not to charge). You have to submit a credit card number once you become a paid user anyway, so why not get it saved to the profile during the trial if the goal is to give one free use?