FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - GRU RCC has the worst club facilities on the planet
Old Dec 11, 2009, 2:12 pm
GimmeLegRoom

Programs: UA Premier Gold (1MM), AS MVP
Originally Posted by pb9997
If you really aim to use the RCC, either by ticket class or club member, you can act as if international transiting in GRU, get rescreened (xray only) and head upstairs where both RCC and Fast Sleep are located.

Afterwards you make your way downstairs two floors and exit through I&C.

Anyway, once in the international airside area of GRU the only way out is through I&C, so there won't be any mistakes on your side. Allow enough time for I&C and you had better not check your bags or they'll be eventually collected/stored in baggage claim area, as 'pax forgot them and we can't automatically recheck as they must go through customs'.
Thanks pb9997, I thought I'd read that this would be the case but didn't know about the baggage. I'm used to the continuing transit to GIG where I&C happens in GIG. We'll see what we feel like doing at that point. We will check one small bag, but on trips like this is it's the "stuff we can live without but is nice to have" like sunscreen, extra clothes, etc. Maybe we'll take our chances and use the RCC, maybe just suck it up and see the rest of lovely GRU. At least we get to use it on the way back.