FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - GRU RCC has the worst club facilities on the planet
Old Dec 7, 2009, 7:52 am
mgs 1k

Programs: UA 1K MM, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by sapguy
I do see your point, and the next time (if there will be a next time), I will step right up to the podium instead of waiting in the stupid pre-checkin 1K line. There may not be a next time for me because I will probably not do GIG-IAD via GRU because of the stupid go back through security screening process at GRU, although you never say never.

Instead, what I will probably do Sao Paulo-Rio-Sao Paulo on TAM using Congonhas (CGH) and Santos Dumont (SDU) - the domestic airports - earlier in the week, and then fly home from GRU later on in the week (my "base" in Brasil is Sao Paulo).

I have to say that the flight on TAM is very civilized - they serve you a small snack/meal even for a flight barely 1 hour long, and both CGH and SDU are easy to get to and fro.
Instead of waiting 30 minutes (at max) to go trough a security screening at GRU you prefer to take a 1 hour flight to CGH, a 1 hour taxi / bus to GRU and stay on the customs and security lines in GRU that are way longer than GIG? Plus pay the extra ticket.

I do this flights quite often and I still don't see the point of flying to CGH.