FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Residence Inn vs. Courtyard
View Single Post
Old Dec 5, 2009, 12:08 pm
cyberdad

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Platinum, AAdvantage Gold, Air Canada Elite, Avis Pref Select, Hertz Gold,
Add me to those who'd pick CY over RI when traveling alone on biz. I like the RI brand, but for a guy alone, it has more room and more stuff than I really need, the hot breakfast is usually so-so at best, and the "manager's reception"...when there is one...tends to be rather paltry these days. Give me full points, and I'll start showing up at RI more often, but keep the differential going and I'll almost always pick CY.

SHS. Again, I like them, but I'm not as big a cheerleader as some. They're a superb choice when travelling alone with a great price-value relationship.

What I'm particularly not fond of is the way the beds are often crammed into the sleeping area with very little room to spare. Not that big of a deal when traveling alone (I can even pretend I'm in Europe ). But when traveling with the family....especially if I want to use the pull out sofa....an SHS room can become quite cramped in a hurry. Mrs. Cyberdad pretty much refuses to stay in them for exactly that reason. They're not as good of a choice as RI when you're traveling with a larger party and want to spread out and be comfortable.