FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - IC Shanghai Puxi (Master Thread)
View Single Post
Old Dec 4, 2009, 6:51 pm
why fly
Suspended

Programs: Royal Ambassador/ SPG Platinum 75/Marriott gold
Well I was also there for the grand opening, and also stayed the week before.
The first stay my AC didnt work and I could not get the room below 23c. They told me it would not happen again so after my train trip I decided to try again for a 2 days stay. The first day everyone in the hotel made sure i was aware the AC was now working.. YIPEE... however the second night CRAPS out AGAIN... the room could not go below 23c
Anyhow I was there for the "grand opening" I was also in Dubai for its Grand Opening, and Dubai did a much better job
Anyhow as an RA we were moved to the CLUB tower, its a completly seperate tower for ONLY club rooms. The lobby in the main hotel is Amazing, and the place is HUGE.
We do not get suites but the rooms are huge. The Club lounge has nice food, good not great, but there were only 7 rooms occupied the second night so it might be early to say. The STAFF is amazing so nice, so helpful and so proud of the new hotel. All of them really go the extra mile. The staff pleaded with me to come to breakfast at the ECCO because they just want some guests
Even the guy who gets you taxi is above and beyond what you get in most hotels for being helpful... all of them so friendly and fun!

Anyhow I would be "warry" till they get the bugs worked out of the heating system, give it a month.
PS the location for me was AMAZING because the train station is accross the street. Puts the staff and Rooms to shame at Pudong... so give it a try. However now the PUXI is open and the new IC EXPO coming soon I expect the Pudong to shape up soon. They really have fallen on horrid service from what they were.