FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - USAA Opens Banking/Credit Cards up to the General Public
Old Dec 3, 2009, 12:59 pm
Happy
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by TAHKUCT
This is my favorite, you get it as a member of USAA. This is for Hertz Car rental, but they have very similar deals for Avis and Budget:

"* Take advantage of special rates and discounts for USAA member travel in the United States.

Special Contract Rates on Daily and Weekly Rentals

* Economy through Luxury class, Standard SUV, Full-size SUV and Minivan
* Unlimited mileage on most round trip rentals (mileage charge applies to one-way rentals)

Discounts Off Published Standard and Leisure Rates

* Applies to Daily, Weekly, Weekend and Monthly Rates
* Unlimited mileage often includes Discounts

More Member Benefits for USAA Members

* No Additional Driver Fees for USAA members and their immediate family*.
* Fee-waived ($25 savings) of underage driver fee for drivers 18-24 years old.
* Primary Liability protection – Up to $25,000/$50,000/$10,000 – at no additional charge
* Waiver of all Indirect Loss of Use and Administrative Fees
* $5000 limited responsibility for the loss or damage to the rental vehicle
o Applies where Loss Damage Waiver is not included or is not purchased.
"
ONLY $5000 limited responsibility for the loss or damage to the rental vehicle?!

My Visa and MC from either Citi or Chase has $50,000.

Also since we only carry liability insurance on our car policy, the CC policy becomes Primary by default. They are always Primary internationally anyway.

Primary Liability protection refers to what? 3rd party injury? Your own car insurance would have covered that already.

The only slight edge I see is the possible discount rates, but the saving of that would be quite minimal when comparing on other discount codes floating around on internet - I would say at best an additional 5%.