FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Up to a 250% Holiday Bonus
View Single Post
Old Nov 24, 2009, 6:20 am
vysean

Programs: US2, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by CactusFlier
Thanks...actually seems good! But, too bad each different merchant through the shopping mall was not its own (but that would be too easy to rake in the 250% bonus). Start shopping i guess.
I ran some numbers when I got the email, but I can't see any way to justify spending for this promo. Best case scenario is 250%, and the best miles-to-dollars ratio is FTD or TrackItBack (please correct me if I'm wrong). So if I spend $20 (plus tax/shipping) on the cheapest TrackItBack item, which gets me 800 miles, which if subject to the 250% "boost" gets me a total of 2,000 miles.

Certainly not a bad deal, but keep in mind this is the most generous example (no other vendor gives 40 miles per dollar spent). Until the end of the year you can buy/share/gift miles for about the same cost per mile and not have to mess around with this promo, nevermind the Grand Slam promo was an even better deal when looking at CPM.

Originally Posted by ExitRowAisle
After reading back through the wording of this promo, these excerpts seem to contradict one another:

"We'll add your final big bonus to every purchase you make throughout the entire promotion period, up to 10 individual purchases."

AND

"Bonus amounts will be assigned in order of posting date(s) for qualified transactions."

The first implies that 5 different partners will generate a 250% bonus on all 5 transactions. The second suggests that the first transaction posted will earn a 50% bonus, the second will earn a 100% bonus, and so on.

This should be fun to sort out!
Who's going to be the first one to work this promo? Marty? Will look forward to clarification...

Originally Posted by rookieflyer
it sounds to me like 50% for 1 up to %250 for 5 then if you do the remaining 5 will be at %250... I'm probably wrong
That's how I would read it based on the comments here. When I originally read the email I assumed I'd get 50% for 1, 100% for 2, 150% for 3, 200% for 4, and 250% for 5, and then they'd go back and "gross-up" me to 250% for 1-4, but I hadn't read the T&C's (still haven't).