FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - GRU RCC has the worst club facilities on the planet
Old Nov 21, 2009, 10:57 am
dgcpaphd

Originally Posted by sapguy
Arrived into GRU on Monday and passed through GRU on Thursday connecting from GIG. No one from UA invited me to the RCC as a 1K - seems like UA uses contract workers in GRU, so they do have any clue or do they care?

The UA check-in at GIG was TERRIBLE!
You wrote that no one invited you to the RCC as a 1K. I hope you know that you do not need an invitation to use the RCC. You merely show your boarding pass (assuming you are at least *gold) to the person at the entrance to the club.

Yes, UA (and most other foreign carriers) use contract workers for the flights in and out of GRU (and many other Brazilian airports)

You also commented about the check-in at GIG which "was terrible." I can relate to the departure process from GIG and GRU and having to contend with contract workers.

Some of the contract workers are pleasant but most are disorganized and are not customer friendly. At times, those contract employees are quite demeaning to passengers. But that is an issue unrelated to the RCC at GRU.