FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Flying with Expired ID/Driver License?
View Single Post
Old Nov 16, 2009, 2:51 pm
u2beez

Originally Posted by Jenne3215
Need to go from Orlando to Miami flying. Can I use my expired drivers license to get on a plane?

Need to go there to get my passport renewed. I am here on an F-1 student visa it expires at the end of this year. But will eventually get it renewed to continue to get my degree.

I did not get my drivers license renewed because I am graduating this semester so dont need to drive. Not taking any classes. It expired Aug.

Help anyone flown with expired DL? thanks
I had this issue this past summer going from Mcarthur in NY to Palm Beach Florida. The tsa agent gave me a hard time because i was his first of the day according to his buddy and he told me I'd have a hard time getting back ( he told my girlfriend at the time that watch, he's gonna screw with him). Basically he pulled me to the side, asked me why it was expired, I showed him my credit cards, birth certificate and so forth and they let me go took all of 25 seconds. Palm Beach didn't care because I straight out told them what the problem was and they just let me through. Just be straight up with them, and don't hide anything. I had more trouble getting my ID renewed at the DMV then I did at the airports.