FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Budget/Delta 3K for 1-day rental until Dec 31, 2009 - MUAZ002
Old Nov 14, 2009, 10:15 am
yngdiego

Programs: DL MM, Marriott LT Titanium, AA EXP, Avis Chairmans
SAT (San Antonio) does NOT participate in this promo. Both DCA and RIC do. However, a word to the wise, ALWAYS VERIFY ON YOUR TURN-IN RECEIPT THAT YOU HAVE THE FULL 3000 + DAILY MILES!

I made a reservation online and entered the coupon code. I printed a hard copy of my e-mail confirmation which showed the MUAZ002 code. However, when I turned in my car there was no record of the coupon and I only got 350 miles. Been through this before, I went directly to the counter to get the extra miles.

They looked in the reservation and they had NO RECORD of the coupon code, despite it being on my confirmation. After a call to my originating rental location, they added the coupon and my receipt listed the additional 3,000 miles. The lady told me since I was fast break that I should always verify the coupons on the paperwork they give me when I rent the car.

Apparently either Budget's IT system is total crap, or the person issuing the orginal paperwork was an idiot and didn't capture the coupon code.

NEVER leave the rental counter when you turn in your car if you don't have the FULL bonus miles on your receipt. If you try and collect them later they will likely deny it because the reservation may have NO record of the code despite what you see in your confirmation.