FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - DXB Transit Visa
View Single Post
Old Nov 5, 2009, 3:46 pm
ung1

Programs: BA Gold | SK Gold | A3 Gold
Originally Posted by kiran_kom
Hi,

I'm travelling from IAD-DXB-HYD this Dec. The IAD-DXB leg is on UA and DXB-HYD on IC. I was planning for a 3 day layover in dubai. Does anyone know how I can get the 96 hour transit visa in DXB airport? I have an Indian passport. I done a lot of research online and cant find any conclusive answers.

The Maharba Services folks are asking for $220 per pax. They said it includes my hotel. I have a hotel thru my marriott points. The hotel folks want $250 per pax. Both those number seem a little high to me. The UAE embassy said it doesnt do transit visas.

Can I land up at DXB and get a visa on arrival?

ps: I realize this is the wrong forum. I was hoping to catch someone with an Indian passport and has experience around DXB.
This is the Dubai Naturalisation and Residency Department website on which you can find visa information: http://dnrd.ae/DNRD/News%20And%20Eve...322&lang=en-GB

The transit visa costs about USD 45.

I'm not sure how you can go about getting one. I don't think it is available on arrival. What I'd suggest you do is call up Emirates and ask them what the procedure for getting it if you're not flying EK is. I'm not sure if they'd be able to help you, but they might.