FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - SPG, Marriott, or Hyatt?
View Single Post
Old Nov 5, 2009, 9:38 am
jfalkingham

Programs: Marriott Platinum
Let me throw this into the mix....

I'm all about service. The amenities are nice, but when asked at check-in "how was your day" or when room service comes they actually want to set up your dining in room, even bringing an evening edition newspaper. Shirt pressing, shoe shining, basically everyone with a hello and good morning, you get the point. Marriott was always the top here, but I just started at Hyatt (as diamond) and I am simply floored at how well you are treated. The amenities are nice. But its the service that has really made the difference. The customer service on the phone or through email has been top notch and any concern immediately rectified. You have a guarantee upgrade 4 times a year, perfect for when the family travels with me. When I am on business trips, a "how was your day" goes a long way, a lot longer than a suite upgrade.

SPG is a nice program too, and you are treated fairly well. But going to a property for 6 months in a row, never getting a welcome back, that sucked.

Marriott is very good on service, just don't expect to use your points unless you book out well in advance.

and as a last thought - the grass is always greener. Hilton has been good at times and horrible at others. The inconsistencies make my points relatively worthless because I cant trust a room upgrade when with the family.