FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - SPG, Marriott, or Hyatt?
View Single Post
Old Nov 4, 2009, 3:26 pm
ftv

Programs: AS MVP 100K, F9 dirt Hilton damond, Choice Gold, Former DL Plat, UA 1K
more info

Good point, MichaelColey

No company pays for my stays; I do. For the most part, I usually don't/can't spend more than $110 per night, but I make exceptions. And yes, I am very willing to jump hotels every night, which is how I got Diamond HH in the first place.

My observation is that Hyatt seems to be high in price. I'm sorry, but I just can't do $200 a night when a "night" means 8:00pm-11:00AM. And yes, I stay in some mid-sized cities, so Holiday Inn may see my smiling face more often, where I am Plat, but who isn't?)

Mostly, I am really beside myself with Hilton as they offered so much that was right: hotels in a variety of price ranges, affordable rooms $60-$80/night (and even less) in some markets, reasonable consisent quality (sometimes outstanding quality), a decent Frequent Stayer program, hotels in many, many locations, and usually you can get fed in the morning. Pardon my French, but they just pissed it all away with their greed and disrespect.

I need to find a program close to Hilton's (to be a good accompaniment to IHG) and am having a blockage diasecting the three other major programs.

Any and all comments welcome.