FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Newbie Question[s - getting from DEN to TLV on miles in WT+/J]
Old Nov 4, 2009, 1:59 pm
JSteele

Thanks

Wow, thanks for all the great info and quick too.

I just can't see making this deal work at $724 round trip for CW and especially $610 for WT+. For reference, coach prices are typically around $1100 on that route (non BA). Even a lap child fee would be better than having to pay 3 fuel surcharges.

I would be paying $59 *2 for the annual fee on the Chase card, $118 total.
A whopping $2172 in fuel charges, assuming they don't raise them in the next year, and that is a big if. Throw in the 48k spend or Starwood xfer to get to to CW awards and we are looking at almost $1,000 missed reward from a 2% cash back card. Now we are at about $3300 for 3 CW "award" tickets. That is still a decent deal, however a long way from a "free ticket". Yes I know my standards are very high, or I am very greedy, depending on how you look at reward travel.

At this point, think I will have to keep churning Citi AA cards. I know I can't book BA TA w/ AA miles, but at least they partner w/ El Al. Routing DEN-TLV via ORD and one of a dozen other cities, but save close to 3K.

If citi deal goes away, I might still do it.

Thanks again

Jason
Reward Card Blogger
AskMrCreditCard Blog