FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - SPG, Marriott, or Hyatt?
View Single Post
Old Nov 4, 2009, 1:39 pm
Fanjet
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA:EXP/1MM. Accor/Radisson:Silver; HH:Gold; ICH:Plt Amb.
Originally Posted by MichaelColey
With SPG's double stays promotion running right now, it only takes 13 stays to get Platinum.
I thought that you had to be SPG Gold or Plat to participate in that program.

As for the OP, I have Hyatt GP Diamond (as well as HHonors Diamond) status. I'm very much aware of the absence of a Hyatt brand in many markets, but I am one of the biggest defenders of the product. As a GP Diamond, I get space-available upgrades to the Grand/Regency floor at check-in at full-service Hyatts or access to the Grand/Regency Club if not available. Hyatts without these give breakfast coupons. There is a Diamond Amenity Gift at check-in, which is 1,000 GP points or some sort of F&B item. Wi-Fi is free for Diamonds (as well as Plats). At Hilton, you have to choose from the My Way options, whereas Hyatt basicaly gives you all of them.

On the points side, GP has plenty of "G" bonuses at properties. There's always a FFN promo each year, as well as threashold-type of bonus promos. We both know how lacking Hilton is in this regard. I can usually generate around 2,500 and 3,500 GP points for a one-night stay (outside of a promo period). And Hyatt's highest award level is at 18,000 points (the lowest is 5,000). But most importantly, the CS agents at GP are incredible.