FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Final UA737 Milk Run flight with FT DO 10/28/09
Old Oct 31, 2009, 6:42 pm
ORDnHKG
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*G, AA Emerald, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt globalist

The screen at the podium actually flashing "737's LAST FLIGHT"

LAX set up basically just like DEN, just cookies, sodas, and bottles of water, but at least they try to set it up nice, with some older UA 737 pictures.

9 seats left, but still has 36 people on standby, it is going to leave many sad employees couldn't get on the last flight.

UA 737 DEN-LAX
N331UA 2 class 737-300
Seat 9E Exit Y class
4:37pm departure 10/28/09

N331UA picture with company's 757 N515UA, and the background with 777 N799UA (2999)

Another sticker for the LAX employees.

Once I stepped onboard, I immediately recognized the FAs, they were actually the same crew from DEN-LAX.
Purser Heidi Van Hanswijk
Flight Attendant Eva Kyziridis
Flight Attendant Carla Martinez

For this segment, I finally get to move to another seat other than the non-reclinable 8A. The exit 9E is quite nice, this are only 2 seats with no window F seats. There is a metal bar on the floor right under the seat 8F, that is for the pax at 10F Exit to store the carryon bags, the metal bag hold the bag from slipping out hitting someone when there is turblence.

There were lots of people taking pictures cameras flasing everywhere, people were even taking pictures when FA doing the safety demonstration, holding up the 737-300 safety card.

They push back flavor my side again even I have changed seat. There were lots of UA employees want to get on the flight, but there are not as many on the tarmac as ORD to watch the plane push back from the gate.

The plane took off from the west towards pacific ocean.

This is the shortest of all 4 segments, thank god even we were getting out from where we came from DEN, there are no more turblence. The flight went mostly smooth. For this flight, the final flight certificate and 737 fact sheet already been put on the seat. And just like the past two segments, they announce thru the PA the pax who got the most lifetime miles for the segment as well as most roundtrip. United PR also ask the flyertalkers to ring the call button, so that she know the person to give out the flight plans once again. This flight has a lot more FTers on board, F basically already has 4 FTers, DEN from the DEN-LAX segment, also joining steve64, SFO 1K and his partner. There are also new on board FTers in the back like legalien a row behind me at 10C.

Flaps all the way down for the final time, ready for landing at SFO the final destination of this flight.

THe plane landed smoothly at SFO's runway 25L, everyone were clapping their hands, the captain would have no idea about it.

There were 4 fire engines, 2 on each side. At first after the plane landed, I was keep looking to see where are the fire engines, who knows they are actually parked right between T3 and International G. This is also my first time ever experience stream of water falling down right at the plane's window, kind of like "car wash". It is indeed a very good salute to the retirement of Captain Bob Russo, as well as final United 737 flight.

THe plane finally pulled to the last stop SFO at gate 72.

Last edited by ORDnHKG; Nov 3, 2009 at 9:54 pm