FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Any airlines that let you split up payment into separate $150 charges?
Old Oct 28, 2009, 5:39 pm
u2fan

Programs: UA 1P, AA, Hilton Honors
Originally Posted by Kent Wang
I have a Capital One card. The problem with redeeming the rewards is described on FatWallet. In short:

"...you will need the expense to be *exactly* a $150 charge (for 15k miles.) Not one cent higher. (Alternatively, $350 works for 35k miles, or anything >= $600 works.) Finding a travel deal costing one of these exact amounts may prove to be more trouble than it's worth! ...

I had 30k Capital One miles. I could have redeemed for a $150 statement credit, but opted instead to redeem for travel as follows: I found a cooperative hotel (which I did stay at in a "weekend getaway") who were helpful in splitting my > $300 bill into three charges:
two separate $150 charges on my Capital One miles card, and a third charge being the remainder amount."

I rarely stay in hotels, airfare being the only travel expense I ever make. Are there any airlines that can do this?
Airlines have no problems splitting charges: for example you could put $150 on Cap 1 and the balance on Chase. I am not sure if their system allows $150 on Cap1, another $150 on Cap 1 and the balance on someone else