FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - $5 "SuperSaver" parking at MKE
View Single Post
Old Oct 25, 2009, 7:12 pm
mke9499

Originally Posted by knope2001
Driving to MKE today I noticed parking signs on the Aiport Spur changed to show remote parking rebranded as "SuperSaver" parking for $5, a reduction from the previous $8/day. The branding appears to be an in-process task because the freeway spur signs have the new logo, but the entrances to remote parking itself are not rebranded yet. The MKE website parking page shows it, but in the detailed section below it still speaks of "remote" as $8/day.

On a side note from my drive to MKE this morning, has anybody else noticed the Southwest billboard on the airport spur? A plain goldenrod billboard with fhree dots, tagged Kansas City, Milwaukee, and Baltimore, connected one to the next, and the Southwest name. That's about it. If the visual says anything, it makes it look like Milwaukee is simply a stop between Kansas City and Baltimore. For a company known for an irreverant, out-of-the-norm image and unique marketing and a sense of fun, I was absolutely dumbfounded.
I saw the new "SuperSaver Parking" signage on Howell Ave this afternoon and wondered what is was; they need to do a more complete job to promote the remote lots and inform the public of the lower rate - especially we "economical" Milwaukeeans.

Speaking of airline billboards, has anyone else noticed the FL billboard on I-94,
southbound over the highrise bridge? The verbage says something to the effect that FL is the "official" carrier for away games. An image of a football player, with the name "Driver" clearly visible across the back of his jersey, is displayed (presumably Donald Driver of the Green Bay Packers, who has done spots for the airline). If it is indeed supposed to be Donald Driver, he sure is not wearing Packer green and gold. Has Driver been traded to the Cowboys?