FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hyatt - Best Rate Guarantee - Experiences - MASTER THREAD - WIKI
Old Oct 23, 2009, 12:50 pm
El_Duderito

Programs: BAEC GGL/GfL, Lufthansa SEN, Hilton Diamond, misc other stuff
BRG: booking.com vs. Hyatt

Hi!

I just found a good offer for the Hyatt Place Miami (by the airport). $70+$9 taxes for a fully flexible double or king room including breakfast and WiFi (i.e. 12/18, 12/19, 12/20).
As it is a flexible rate I simply booked it, read the best rate guarantee rules and called the hotline.

It turns out booking.com is not eligable because it does not show the room price but a package price (for which the BRG does not apply as per T&C).
It shows $70 for the room plus taxes. Problem is that when searching for a two night stay it shows a package for the nights plus taxes and not a nightly price.

I put in three one-night stays and not one three-night stay because I might be somewhere else on the 19th (and simply cancel that stay). He claimed that I knew the 'package' issue and tried to work around it.

Is there any chance to get the 20% off? I usually play by the rules but the Hyatt BRG T&Cs seem to have too many loopholes so just on basic principle I should follow up on this