FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Marriott Bonvoy hotels in or near Boston, MA
Old Jul 26, 2000, 6:57 am
dgolds

Programs: UA Million Miler (mostly earned on CO)
I have to disagree with Roadrunner on this one. (Sorry, nothing personal ) I stayed at the Marriott Copley Plaza a couple of weeks ago and found breakfast at the concierge lounge to be just OK. Wonder if they've changed food service staff of late?

Specifically: croissant heated above steam left them soggy and tough; unpleasant burning smell of charring bagels permeated the lounge; lounge crowded, poorly laid out and difficult to navigate when somewhat full.

How's that for being picky?

Persoanlly, I'd forego breakfast at the lounge in favor of the buffet at the restaurant downstairs, which has been excellent when I've had it.

I wasn't there on the weekend, but the lounge in Cambridge, kind of a sister hotel is open on the weekends. When Cambridge lounge closed for July 5, they gave me a voucher for a full restaurant breakfast. I'd request the same if the Copley lounge is closed.

Overall, though, the Marriott Copley is one of my favorite in the chain - great service, rooms with a view, pretty good restaurant.