FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hyatt Hotels in Japan - What is the GP diamond amenity?
Old Dec 28, 2003, 6:56 pm
tedhl
Original Member

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, CX DM, QF GO, AA LT GO, UA SL, LH FT, Marr LT Titanium, Shang DM, Hyatt Glob, Hilton DM
just checked in to the GHT yesterday and here's my experience so far:

- arrived around 1 pm, front desk was quite full, so went straight to 10th floor GC to check in

- was told no rooms available and need to wait for 45 mins, but we really want to freshen up after the Shinkansen ride from Kyoto and didn't wanna waste 45 mins waiting; then they after a few mins found us a high floor odd number room; asked whether even number rooms available, was told if even number, only low 7th floor available; took the high floor one

- asked about late check-out for the day of departure, plane leaving 6:30 pm from Narita and want to leave hotel around 3 pm; was told it's very full and they could extend the check-out time from noon to only 1 pm for me; don't always understand this, if they are so strict about check-out time (even for Diamond it's 1 pm only, I guess for normal guests it's strictly noon?), then why there's no room available at all when I arrived at 1:15 pm? (ok, I understand the normal check-in time is 3 pm, but still, I just need one room, not the whole hotel...)

- the room itself is quite good; while a normal guest room (I guess), I think the size is quite decent, and the bathroom is really good, and free 100M broadband access; in general very satisfied with the room itself

- although an odd-numbered room, we still get quite a good view of the Tokyo Tower from our room

- no "Diamond amenities" whatsoever in the room that I could find, only one bottle of VOSS water. I remember people mentioned that there should be 3 oranges and 2 bottles of VOSS water? Should I ask for another bottle? Are the VOSS water replenished daily? otherwise, no free daily bottled water in the room?

- spent the rest of the day in the city and didn't come back for the happy hour; but went to the lounge afterwards, coffee/tea, juice, soft drinks, chocolates, cookies, cakes were still being offered there for self-service; only a few people in the lounge; orange juice served are not freshly squeezed (unlike those at GH HK, Beijing, Shanghai)

- breakfast served at the lounge from 6:30 - 10 am; went to the lounge around 9:15 this morning for breakfast, it's all full, went on the waitlist and was told we would be called in our room when table ready (4-5 room numbers ahead of ours in the list, all on the 11th floor, so 11th should be one of the GC floors)

- went back to the room, waited for ~20-30 mins, got a call from GC, told still no table available; asked to go down to 1st floor restaurant Fiorentina for a complimentary continental breakfast; it was ok but not too impressive; will try the GC one tomorrow morning and compare