FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hyatt Regency Maui Resort and Spa REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
Old Mar 12, 2003, 5:13 am
chfenton

I'm pretty sure that a terrace room means that you will in fact have a small terrace as opposed to a balcony-therefore you would have to be on the ground floor. The hotel has three separate buildings, but the middle one (where you check in) is an open atrium with no terrrace rooms. Walking to the the left(where most of the shops are) you end up being on the second floor-so again I' don't htink there are terrace rooms there either.

But to the right(towards the marriot) the building is designed so that the ground level floor does have rooms and I assume these would be the designated terrace rooms. The view could range-the ones that face in will look towards the rope bridge or the small wedding gazebo while the ones on the other side face a parking lot. If you like ground level accomodations-the ones facing the garden aren't so bad (in fact you have direct acces to your room (if the sliding door is open) but I is really personal preference.