FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - iDine on the iPhone or OTHER Smart Phone / iDine apps (consolidated)
Old Oct 5, 2009, 8:35 pm
rodrigo

App (mobile?) to know which restaurants are part of which program?

If you're like me, you find it annoying to check online before going to a restaurant to see if it's part of any of the RN/iDine or other dining programs you participate in. Special occasions aside, I'm more of a spontaneous diner, so I'll just go downtown and choose whatever restaurant I like, provided it has a decent rating on zagat/yelp (which I can easily check with my phone). Another factor I would consider is checking whether it's part of a rewards program, but I don't know of an easy way to check (going to the website is way too slow, and I would have to check every network's website).

In another case, maybe you just find yourself in a restaurant, about to pay the check. Since some restaurants are in some programs and not others, and some give points for some cards and not others, it'd be nice to quickly check which program/card to use before paying.

Thus, a mobile app or a quick mobile-optimized website that can tell me which restaurants in the area are in which networks (note this includes all networks I care about) would be ideal. Does such an app exist? If not, do you think it's worth it to make one?

Edit: Even if the app wasn't mobile (i.e., just a site), it'd be useful to save you from checking the sites of all the programs you use.