FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hyatt Regency Hong Kong Tsim Sha Tsui - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
Old Oct 2, 2009, 11:59 am
kuponuts

Programs: Hyatt Gold Passport, Shangri-la Golden Circle
Okay, so here I am typing a review of Hyatt TST at 1.42 am. There is a reason though...

I mean it's expected -- the hotel still have a long list of things to polish off before it can truly call itself a 5-star hotel (e.g. unexperienced staff, lack of knowledge about Goldpassport amenities, soap instead of liquid soap in the Club Lounge bathroom, no milk and sugar in the minibar, internet, parking, etc)

However, I just want to say that the staff here at Hyatt TST really go far and beyond to try to make their guests feel happy.

For example, I went to borrow DVD at the Regency Club reception (BTW this service is also on a complimentary basis for Club guests). While I was sitting there browsing through the DVD collection, staff Vienna and Annie asked me to give them my thoughts about the hotel. They listened to everything I said, and they chase up the problems (such as parking and concierge) immediately.

Also, they brought a plate of cookies to me for eating while watching DVDs. That was really thoughtful of them.

And then at 10 pm, a very important friend of mine rang me and said she wants to chat with me at the hotel. I asked RC reception what time they close. They said they normally close at 11pm, but since it is their opening day, they will extend the closing time to 12pm. I chatted with my friend until 1am. The RC reception staff stayed until 1am, serving us drinks without any complaints. Actually, they kept on telling me to take our time. I feel really moved by their kind hospitality. Well done, HR TST! ^

I will definitely come back to stay at this hotel.

I look forward to the breakfast in the morning...