FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hyatt St. Louis REVIEW - MASTER THREAD - NO LONGER HYATT (MARRIOTT)
Old Sep 6, 2000, 1:43 am
Kaoru Kanetaka

If your business is in downtown St.Louis or if you are going to the Busch stadium, I would think Hyatt Regency on Union Station is the best choice unless you must have a 'river view'.
I stayed at the Regency club last June and as TRD says, it was in the old restored part of the station; in fact the bellboy said those rooms used to be the actual transit hotel rooms. At the end of the long hallway, there is an area where breakfast is served but its so dark and not much of 'old charm'
can be felt. At least the room has a very high ceiling. I saw the new section under the train shed that surrounds a swimming pool. But the public area looks much like a mini-suburban mall and coming from NYC, I just could not stand it.

Ritz Carlton is located outside downtown in an area called Clayton where the grass is definitely greener, and some say its the best deal R C in USA. I lammented having not chosen to stay at the R C despite my GP Diamond status.

BTW, would some creative urban planner do anything about downtown St. Louis?? I know the river Missippi can not be turned into the Thames....Otherwise, i don't want anyone to Meet me in St. Louis... I just hate to see such a sorry state of downtown.....

[This message has been edited by Kaoru Kanetaka (edited 09-06-2000).]

[This message has been edited by Kaoru Kanetaka (edited 09-06-2000).]