FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hotel Indigo Chicago Downtown / Gold Coast (Master Thread)
Old Sep 23, 2009, 7:21 am
dizrythmia

Programs: ICH: Platinum Ambassador, VA: Silver
IN Chicago Downtown Gold Coast

I've stayed at this hotel once before back in 2007 and had a good experience, so I figured I'd stay there again since I was back in the area. I stayed on 9/11. Originally I was trying to book the IC all three nights I was there but couldn't.

I booked a 1 king bed wheelchair access (it was the best I could get!), but was moved to a standard room, which I requested at booking. However, I did not get upgraded to a better room or anything, but given how packed they were I didn't bother asking.

The room itself was as nice as I remember it from my previous stay. I love the layout of IN rooms as well as the decorations. I've always joked that the way they design these properties, you'd think I did it as they look, well, pretty much how I'd design a hotel room!

The bathroom was tiny, but since we were there one night it wasn't an issue. The shower is a decent enough size, though (I know this sounds weird) I thought the showerhead was a bit weird. It was just a bit hard to wash my hair as there wasn't much pressure, and I have a ton of hair so for me that's important.

But anyway, the beds are exceedingly comfortable. We had a decent enough view of the street and the outside noise wasn't bad at all. The only real gripe I have is the armoire where the television was kept was all the way at the other room of the bed. There was a chair for sitting, but let's face it. If I have to choose between sitting in a chair or laying in bed, I'll choose the latter. It made it kind of hard to see given the distance, but that's the only gripe.

Also, the location is in the Gold Coast neighbourhood of Chicago, which is close enough to get to the heart of downtown where everything is, it just requires a light walk. However, there's always taxis around if you're lazier or (like we were) carting a bunch of luggage.

The parking fees are a bit excessive ($37 a day), but what can you expect in the third largest city in the US.