FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - FlyerTalker Lending Team on Kiva.org!
View Single Post
Old Sep 20, 2009, 9:02 am
wildblue

Originally Posted by RCyyz
A comment (but not a complaint):

I checked the Kiva website a few weeks back and noticed to my delight that some of the loans had been partially repaid. I happily topped up the payback and made another $25 loan.

Sometime last week I received an email from Kiva noting that some loans had been repaid. I checked today, and my Kiva balance is $0.

So obviously, Kiva is slow at sending out notices for repaid loans. While this isn't problematic for me at all, I do find it a trifle odd that repayments and notifications aren't more or less simultaneous.

Anyone else notice this?

The credit email has sometimes been delayed for me as well, but I've learned when to look for credits. (thanks to info on the kivafriends.org forum)

The major posting of credits happens on the 15th of the month - it runs alphabetically by Field Partner (FP) throughout the day. My understanding is that on the 15th the loan payments due are netted against the funds the FP has raised on Kiva to that date and credits are posted.

If the FP owes more than they've raised, they have until the 1st of the next month to transfer payment to Kiva until the loan is considered delinquent. In a few cases, I've had credits trickle in over the last two weeks of the month.

You can click on the "show advanced" link to the right of the repayment schedule on the loan page to see the details of payments made from entrepreneur to FP and from FP to Kiva. I've had a couple of loans go delinquent - one was due to the entrepreneur getting behind (but then catching up) with payments, the other one the details show the entrepreneur has paid, but the FP has not yet paid Kiva.

If you're looking to relend - there are a whole bunch of group loans in Bolivia and Peru that have about 10 days left to be funded. These are short term loans - generally paid back in 4 or 5 payments.