FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AA announces fall double EQM promo. Others to follow?
Old Sep 2, 2009, 8:45 pm
pmaddock

Programs: Marriott Life Titanium, Hilton Diamond, United Silver, DL, IHG Plat, etc.
Originally Posted by GTITAN
UA has matched and has included EQS. Link is here:

http://www.united.com/page/article/1..._500bonusmiles

I have to imagine that DL will follow in one form or another. Now, legacy NW probably will not.

Safe Travels.
I've got really mixed feelings about DL matching. If they do the Elite inflation is going to be really thick - we already had one EQM promo, then the 'gift' EQM, a Hilton EQM is running now, Amex has given away various promo EQM on top of the EQM they give std with the Plat and Reserver cards - adding another would really stack the cake. Up to this point I figured I'd hold at Plat + 40K EQM towards next year but another EQM promo would make DM more attractive just to ensure a good upgrade rate next year.

Oh - if NW legacy gets left out we can always register our DL accounts and at least catch Nov/Dec. I have to agree DL would be reluctant to implement a last minute promo in NW IT but its probable we'd whine enough that they'd let us do some sort of bridging when the conversion happens in Oct as well. (all speculation of course - maybe let us do a post EUA swap to the DL number or retro credit the EQM when the conversion happens or alike.)

In the end though I'd probably go with saying DL shouldn't match - too much EQM already given away as it is. Honestly - when I think about it - I'm suppoed to get 15K EQM from plat Amex sign up, 10K EQM from the US Bank spend, 15K EQM from the 'gift' thing - that's Silver and 80% to Gold without flying a mile. This is just getting goofy.