FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Lending Tree Mortgage Refinance for Miles (worked for me)
Old Sep 2, 2009, 9:24 am
G2244

Programs: HH Gold, IHG Gold
Lending Tree Mortgage Refinance for Miles (worked for me)

I had a bit of trouble finding a lot of solid information on this either way and have recently gone through the process so I thought I would share. Lending Tree offers similar deals through several airlines’ miles programs, I happened to use OnePass with Continental. The deal was 1,250 miles for each $10,000 refinanced. In addition there was an offer of 5,000 additional miles if you signed up with the correct promo code.

The short version is that it took right up until the last few days of the 8 week timeframe (from closing) to allow miles to post, but they did.

A few things of note:

Signing up will get you on the list of some very persistent people who will likely continue to follow up until you very forcefully tell them to go away. Don’t start the process unless you are willing to deal with this.

The points given are pro-rated so don’t feel you need to get an exact increment of $10,000. It is really done at .125 miles per $1.

At least for me the rates were competitive and I didn’t feel I was getting a worse deal just to get the miles.

Hope this helps anyone else looking at these offers.