FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Driving: Portland, OR to Vancouver, BC
View Single Post
Old Aug 31, 2009, 2:55 pm
Jay71

We've driven back from the Oregon coast twice, once via Portland after visiting Woodburn. Pretty draining drive IMO. Have to agree that there isn't many scenic places to stop along the way. The only things I occasionally try to get the wife to take a picture of while driving is the Tacoma Dome (at least that's what I think it is), Qwest field, and Safeco.
Apart from Seattle, I suppose you can also make pit stops at Seattle Premium Outlets (Marysville ~ halfway btw Seattle & Vancouver) or Bellis Fair Mall (Bellingham).

I don't know if I'm blind but I seem to miss the express lanes about half the time.

Originally Posted by sfo
<snip> be careful for the radar traps in Washington State they can be anywhere, Olympia to Seattle is a really bad area for them and the WSP will give you a ticket, no ifs and or buts about it.
Yeah, I think there's quite a bit of speed enforcement on the I5; not just radar but cops pacing vehicles.
A few years back, we were driving back from SEA after flying back from Hawaii and we were nailed near Everett I think. However, my friend acknowledged she was speeding, apologized, & was just generally civil and got out of it with just a warning.