FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 500 mile upgrades- can you transfer/use for someone else
Old Aug 31, 2009, 7:09 am
photodave

Programs: AA EXP 1.5MM, AC Member, Marriott Platinum, HHonors Diamond, Emerald Club Executive
Originally Posted by britenbsas
Me neither. In this post, the OP definitely states that it is HE who is EXP but then seems to be equating it to OW Sapphire

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/onewo...l#post11478416

EXP, OW Sapphire to GLD all in the same membership year Quite possible in reverse as one works one's way up the tiers but not this way round
I've seen other people get confused about AAdvantage Executive Platinum and Platinum levels before. There are some people who think they are simply different names for the same thing.

I can understand this to a certain extent if a person is not that well acquainted with the terms of the programme and doesn't read the membership guides or the plethora of information regarding the same on aa.com, and perhaps AA are a little bit to blame for not differentiating the names of the levels a little better (cf. Delta's Silver/Gold/Platinum, BA's Blue/Silver/Gold, etc.). After all, they both have the word platinum in them, so they must be the same, right? [/tongue in cheek]

However, the bottom line is that there really is no excuse for not knowing, since the information is out there and freely available. In the interests of fair play though, let's give the OP the benefit of the doubt and assume that this is an honest mistake and not an attempt to subvert the entire AAdvantage programme, or even Flyertalk