FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Order of applying unused Ticketless travel funds?
Old Aug 25, 2009, 11:40 am
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines, Capital One

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
Originally Posted by SAPMAN
It is very confusing and I am sure most would not use the workarounds to use their funds as they wish.
I agree. The current system is probably fully understood only by ftnoob.

I recently booked some flights and had to take the time to book and cancel two dummy reservations in order to combine funds before the system would use my earlier-expiring funds the way I wanted it to.

I'd like to repeat the suggestion I made some time ago: Southwest should add a web page allowing you to merge ticketless funds. You enter the PNRs and it merges them into one TTF PNR or gift card, assigning the earliest expiration date. This would be easy to explain and solve all these expiration issues.

I hope it doesn't happen, but I would not be surprised if some legal beagle were to try to line his pockets with a coupon class action on the website's refusal to exhaust the earliest-expiring funds before tapping later-expiring funds. Southwest really ought to preemptively protect itself, and the above suggestion (plus a notice on the purchase page pointing to and explaining this feature) should do the job.

Even a web page that allows you to change a WUT PNR into a TTF PNR with the same value and expiration date would be a help.