Old Aug 9, 2009, 5:14 am
TEX277

San Francisco – Las Vegas
US Airways
US471
A319
First Class
Seat 2F

Reluctantly I headed for security at T1 and was now left with the 2hr 30mins to kill. I figured I’d give the US Club a shot, considering that I was not technically entitled to admission despite being having arrived on a *A flight in F and connecting onto a US flight in F. Uncertainty was soon eradicated when I realised that there was no US Club at SFO anyway!!! I found a quiet area fairly close to my gate which had a view over part of the airfield. There I sat, looking at the planes on approach and my watch alternatively. Finally, time up!

Boarding was called for those requiring additional assistance as well as First Class passengers. I waited a few seconds to give way to those with special needs but didn’t see anybody make a move, so I headed to the gate agent and was first onboard.

I stowed my bags above my seat and waited as the planed filled up to see if I would have a seat mate or a spare seat beside me. When the door closed, there were only 6 of us in the 12 seat First cabin. I had a spare seat beside me! I had a pre-departure drink on Bacardi and Coke and settle in for the ride to Las Vegas. The flight itself was rather uneventful. The FA offered me another Bacardi and Coke (which I took). The choice of snacks from the snack basket was comical, but I took a packet of crisp type thingies and a granola bar. A third offering of Bacardi and Coke was politely declined – well my body clock was telling me that it was now 03:30am and I was beginning to feel a bit lightheaded.