FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Chase CO Presidential vs. AMEX Plat for Lounge Access
Old Jul 28, 2009, 12:33 pm
joediver

Programs: AA EXP / UA Lifetime Gold / Marriott Lifetime Plat / SPG Plat / Hyatt Diamond / HH Diamond / Avis CC
Originally Posted by J.Edward
By Alex, of course!
Will I be able to use my Presidents Club card to access the Star Alliance partner Lounges?
Continental is expected to join Star Alliance during the fourth quarter of 2009, and Presidents Club members will then have access to United's Red Carpet Club lounges as well as other select Star Alliance partner lounges. Specific Star Alliance partner lounge access for Presidents Club card holders is still being finalized.
But that said, who knows with US as they upcharge for RCC/*G access.

Also of note, you need a same day BP to access the RCC with a RCC membership, it's not like the PC where you can just show up (not that getting a same day boarding pass is all that hard, but food for thought.)
Pres Club members already have access to ORD, LAS & PHX RCCs with no upcharge. Also, since he is TPA based I don't know how much EWR will effect him. Since TPA Pres Club uses DL right now I'm guessing that they'll have to find a new partner for that airport......like maybe US

Last edited by joediver; Jul 28, 2009 at 12:39 pm