FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Define "Double" and "Twin" Rooms at a U.K. Hilton?
Old Jul 21, 2009, 6:42 am
MoreMilesPlease

Programs: Hilton, AA,, Delta
Originally Posted by stut
This always used to be the case, but is rarely so now. A couple of booking sites do still use it, as does the kind of B&B or guesthouse that caters to the kind of person who feigns ignorance of metric measurements, is constantly making jokes about "Health and Safety", and, every time they say "Happy Christmas", follow it up with "if I'm still allowed to say that!"

Different rates for single and double occupancy are common, though, particularly when breakfast is included. But you'll almost always be quoted for the room rate.
I guess that I should have said on the Hilton website the single person rate for the UK is almost always less than the rate for a double. This is for the basic room rate without extras. I have also booked on-line with at least one other hotel chain in the UK for this summer and the double room rate was more than the single room rate. I know this because I booked a double room and a single room at a small chain in England for a wedding.

I guess the old adage of "your mileage may vary" should have been used.