FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - asaptickets.com?
View Single Post
Old Jul 19, 2009, 9:26 am
EDinNPBFL

I filed a complaint

Originally Posted by CopperSteve
<<Emphasis Mine>>

If you are purchasing a consolidator's ticket (and if the price is that far below the "normal" price, it most likely is), I am sorry, but you are NOT in the hands of the airline yet. You need to go through ASAP for any and all assistance. Until you set foot on the plane, the airline will tell you the same thing (conveyed to me by Continental's Elite desk, when I went through my horror with ASAP Tickets). Also, depending on the issue you have with ASAP, your CC may NOT bail you out. My story is long and complicated, and required changing and reissuing tickets, but I can assure you it was because of the incompetence of ASAP. However, I was unsuccessful in getting a refund from ASAP or my CC, and I ran into a wall with the BBB.

I am not knocking consolidators, as I have had many pleasant experiences in using these types of tickets. However, ASAP, in my experienced opinion, is not a reputable organization. YMMV.
CopperSteve, I really don't know what a Consolidator's ticket is. If your CC company would not satisfy a transaction that was in dispute, then I recommend you get another CC company.

Yesterday I called asap and inquired on a ticket that I found on the website starting at $682 with Continental. Of course I was unable to get a flight from any of the three deals on the website and I told him that they could never give me any deal that they advertised on their website. The price I was given went from $682 on Continental to $1,015 on American Airlines. I filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau.