FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - (No) Bombs on Asia's Sunniest: MNL-CEB-NRT-CEB-MNL on PR
Old Jul 14, 2009, 10:23 am
Akiestar

Programs: DL DM, PR, TG, UA, CX (Asia Miles), BT, AY, AA
My dad injured his foot that Friday, so Saturday gave me the opportunity to go around Akabane and for both me and my sister to visit my dad's friend, Tita (Aunt) Christy, in Kasai, a district of Edogawa, via the Tokyo Subway.

Saturday is affectionately known as "Sushi Day".

We also got to go to Donki (Don Quixote, a bargain-basement store) in Edogawa, as well as visit the Asakusa Shrine and Shinjuku.

My sister thinks hosts (ホスト) are scary.

We didn't really do anything on Sunday except go out to the local Pepper Lunch in Akabane for dinner. Although Pepper Lunch opened in the Philippines last year, this is the first time I have ever had Pepper Lunch, whether there or here in Japan. Might I say that it was really, really delicious.

On our way home, we passed by a musician performing at the park immediately in front of Akabane station. He actually sounded good, though I wish I understood what he was saying, since he was singing only in Japanese.

On Monday (my last day), we met up with Tita Christy at the house and went to the Tokyo Tower (and two of its museums).

The more I look at Tokyo’s skyline, the more it reminds me of Manila. Manila for a metropolitan area is very dense, the way Tokyo looks like from above and afar.

After enjoying the tower’s sights, we went to two of the three museums which form the base of the Tokyo Tower.

Yes, my sister was trying to eat the rice cake on display at the Guinness World Records museum.

Later in the day, we went back again to Shinjuku, where I got a pair of new Vans at ABC-Mart (you'll see them later in this TR), as well as to enjoy a nice bowl of ramen which we had at a place not too far from there.

For the final stop of this trip, we went to Ikebukuro, where I was supposed to buy a train ticket to the airport.

Someday, I hope to be back to see all these wonderful sights once again. Maybe during my mid-year break in October, or perhaps Christmas (though my parents aren’t too fond of snow and the winter cold).