FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - (No) Bombs on Asia's Sunniest: MNL-CEB-NRT-CEB-MNL on PR
Old Jul 14, 2009, 10:16 am
Akiestar

Programs: DL DM, PR, TG, UA, CX (Asia Miles), BT, AY, AA
VII. Tokyo

Having finally gotten out of the airport for the first time, I was mesmerized by the sheer beauty of the Japanese capital. I've been wondering for the last seven years what lay beyond those airport walls and now I'm finally seeing them with my own eyes! Because I spent a week there, and because I fear this TR will get way too long, I'll just post pictures of the places we went to.

Our first stop was Shisui, where we had lunch at a service station on the Higashi-Kanto Expressway.

This is Akabane, a district of Kita, where we have a house (more appropriately, an apartment or, even more appropriately in the Japanese context, a “mansion”).

Our apartment is near the La La Arcade. This is where the mass shooting-of-civilians scene in the 2004 movie remake of Devilman (disliked by many for its disloyalty to the manga which it is supposedly based on, though I like the movie) was shot, if I remember correctly (or it looks like it; please correct me if I'm wrong).

Wednesday involved settling down and a brief drive through Tokyo. Our first stop in the city was Yodabishi Akiba in Akihabara, where Bic Camera, an electronics store, occupies much of the building's floor space (a reason why the Bic Camera floors are known as Yodabishi Camera). My dad was looking for a new computer for the clinic, and he found one: an eMachines machine (no pun intended).

On Thursday, we boarded the JR train and went back to Akihabara to buy the new computer.

Yes, bringing the computer home all the way to Akabane was a chore indeed.

On a rainy Friday, we took the Yamanote Line to Shimbashi, where my dad bought some cosmetics for my stepmom's clinic, Shibuya (sadly, we did not see the famous crosswalk) and Ikspiari in Tokyo Disneyland.

I felt like I was music heaven. Sadly though, reality hit me after the cost of a CD proved to be around double that of an equivalent copy in the Philippines.