FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Popping "The Question" in St.Petersburg
View Single Post
Old Jul 3, 2009, 9:11 am
mkgref

Talking Popping "The Question" in St.Petersburg

I'm headed off to Russia tomorrow afrternoon with my (soon to be...) fiance and her family. No one knows yet but I'm planning to propose during the first few days there which will be in St.Petersburg.

We're staying in the Grand Hotel Europe right on Nevskiy Prospect and only a quarter mile form the Summer Gardens. I was planning on telling her parents and having them 'suggest' a sunset walk in the Summer Gardens where I'll pop The Question.

I know it's a bit short notice but figured there were at least one or two people here who have traveled before and wanted to see if anyone had any fantastic ideas I haven't thought of. I believe the White Nights Festival is in full swing if that offers any special opportunities -- make the "sunset walk" at midnight since it's not ever going to get dark anyway?

We're also going to be in Moscow (after 2 nights in St.Petersburg we're taking the overnight train to Moscow), Prague, Vienna, and Budapest but I don't think I can keep this thing in my pocket that long (maybe to Moscow…).

Would love to hear any thoughts!