FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The RWT/DO Thank You thread
View Single Post
Old Jun 27, 2009, 7:37 pm
MM/PM widget

Programs: DL GM/2.7MM, Marriott Lifetime PL, SPG Lifetime PL,Hilton Gold, Natl Lifetime Exec Elite
I had already posted this in the other thread but what the heck this event was so impressive it probably needed to be said twice, so here goes again with some slight modification:

A final thanks and a tip of the hat to atldlff & Canarsie for the great job in organizing this event. A special thanks to all the others that helped including our fantastic bus driver, Sylvester (did y'all know he is an avid RC modeler and has 4 planes, one that cost over $4,000, quite an interesting guy!). A last but not least thanks goes out to the many Delta employee we met on this trip. Remembering the tag line Delta used in the advertising quite a few years ago "We love to Fly and it Shows" is just as appropriate today as it was then. Every employee, even the ones we simply "ran into" on the tours, showed incredible enthusiasm. For me personally it meant that the front line employees we meet every day are simply the tip of the "iceberg". Finally I am sorry I could not make the RWT part but the good news is I was able to witness a very emotional reunion between my son, SPC Eric Mason (10th Mountain/Ft Drum), who recently returned from a deployment to Iraq and his 2 precious daughters. Hopefully I will be able to partake in Delta RWT Do II .

Safe return travels to everyone, it was great putting faces on the many posts I have read over the years.
Blake

Last edited by MM/PM widget; Jun 30, 2009 at 5:40 am