FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Holiday Inn London Bloomsbury Master Thread
Old Jun 24, 2009, 10:07 pm
limography

Holiday Inn London Bloomsbury Master Thread

Booked this using 2-4-1 rate.

Check-in
was a blundering mess. I was given a form to fill in my personal details, which signalled quickly that something was not quite right with my online reservation. The unsmiling staff did not greet and at not point did she acknowledge that I was a PC Gold member.

Could not open door with the cards. Chambermaid walked by, looked at the room number written and helped but still unsuccessful. We scrutinised the card holder and figured it could be a case of bad handwriting, and indeed it was 610 instead of 616.

Room
Was given a double when we had booked a double with 1 sofa bed. Had to go to the reception again and was told there was no such room available! Mind-boggling. Would I mind staying in the double just for tonight? I told the manager I want what I had booked and what ensued was a 15 minutes wait, watching them scramble to re-assign rooms. This was all done while I was standing there and could listen to their loud comments on other guests' preferences.

Given that the 6th floor was Club floor I was not sure if I was given a room upgrade or downgrade with that double.

Finally given the room in the furthest corner or the hotel next to the fire exit/stairwell. Room was predictable to the point of boring. Submitted a feedback form but heard nothing from them.

Will not stay there again even though it was conveniently located near Russell Square. Had an odd feeling this HI operates in a world of its own. Stay posted as 'Non-qualifying stay' when all my other London and European hotel stays posted points.

Note from Modeator:
Older post prior to this post could be found in the archive thread of this property:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/inter...ve-thread.html

Thank you
FLYGVA
Moderator IHG Forum

Last edited by FLYGVA; Apr 14, 2017 at 8:06 am