FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Is Global Entry worthwhile?
View Single Post
Old Jun 23, 2009, 10:43 am
milepig
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by bseller
Interview took 20 minutes or so, with a couple of simple questions about travel patterns. I had the sense that it was mostly just conversational. Letter arrived in email today: I'm in.

Seems like the process would be difficult to streamline much more than this.

Good work so far CBP!
Dave
We had our interviews last Friday. Went very smoothly, also random questions about travel patterns, and specifically asked about Canada and Mexico since they weren't on my list as I haven't happened to travel to either in the past few years. Got fingerprinted, got to play with the test machine, and we were out of there, also in about 20 minutes. When I joked about the electronic fingerprinting process and asked about the ink pad routine, the guy handed me a magic marker and said "go crazy if you want". I suspect they get this a lot.

I'm confused about your "email letter" since I've never gotten anything emailed to me, but the online system shows we're both completed.

All pretty painless, and it seemed like they chose the interviewers for their people skills.

The fun part was getting the very stern warning about how if we're caught lying even once we'll be bounced out of the program.